A periodic column on Sanctum strategy, theory, and fun,
by Ian Schreiber, Sanctum player name Gannon. You can reach Ian at
The Most Powerful Deck Design In The Game!
March 30, 2000
In between writing these Ngozi's Way articles, I've been doing a bit of statistical
analysis to find just what cards have the best cost/benefit ratios, and what
card combos have the best chance of dominating the game.
Then I've tried them out on a new ranked account and actually got 200 ranked
wins and only 5 losses (4 from accidental disconnection) in the last month!
I will share this deck with you now.
But first, it has come to my attention that some of you have been reading previous
deck concept articles, trying them out, and then complaining that they don't
work as well for you as I say they did for me.
I've even had people in Hero's Gate chastise me for publishing sucky
decks. So, before I start, I'd like to give a little disclaimer to anyone
who would use my ideas. Thanks to DA's attorney for legal advice.
- Any resemblance between these cards and living or dead persons (except Humans)
is purely coincidental.
- Do NOT cast Void where prohibited.
- Virtual cards not included.
- This deck may contain Settlement during shipping.
- Do not play this or any other deck while operating a motor vehicle or heavy
- Past performance is no indication of a future rise in your rating.
- Do not use in a manner inconsistent with the packaging unless directed by
- This deck not for internal consumption.
- Test subjects who used this deck in controlled studies complained of headache,
nausea and hives; if you notice these symptoms, concede and discontinue the
use of this deck.
- Casting costs subject to change without notice.
- Ngozi shall in no way be held responsible for direct, indirect, incidental
or consequential damage to your ego resulting from the use of this deck.
- Available on participating game servers only.
- Employees of Digital Addiction and their families are not eligible to win
with this deck.
- You must be present to win.
- No purchase necessary (buy a booster for details).
- This deck is not labeled for individual resale.
- Do not remove cards under penalty of Dracha.
- This deck listing has been edited from the original version as follows:
it has been formatted to fit your screen, edited for content, and edited to
run in the space allowed for this column.
... And speaking of which, it looks like we're out of space for this week,
so I'm afraid you'll just have to wait until April Fool's Day next year for
the complete deck.